The Forensic Therapist
The Forensic Therapist Magazine Seeks Quality Manuscripts...Submit Yours Today!
The official publication of the National Association of Forensic Counselors and American Academy of Certified Forensic Counselors is seeking well written articles for publication in all areas of criminal justice, corrections, mental health, and addictions. If you are interested in submitting an article, please refer to the submission guidelines below. All articles submitted that meet submission guidelines go through a double-blind peer review process. Submit your article.
Guidelines for E-mail or CD submissions:
- Articles should be checked for content and style (correct spelling, punctuation, grammar, accuracy and consistency in the citation of figures, tables and references, stylistic uniformity of entries in the reference section, etc.).
- Articles can be submitted via email or on CD in Microsoft Word.
- All articles should include a title page consisting of the following: title of article, author’s name, credentials and running head. The running head is a one sentence description of the article and should be less than 80 characters.
- If an abstract is provided, it should be no longer than 150 words.
- Illustration (photographs, drawings, diagrams, charts, etc.) are to be numbered in consecutive series. The captions for illustrations should be on the same page as the illustration.
- Tables should be numbered and referred to by a number in the text.
- References and their text citations should be prepared as the reference style recommended in the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (Sixth Edition). Free APA style online tutorials can be found here. List references alphabetically at the end of the paper and refer them in the text by name and year in parentheses. References should include (in this order): last name and initials of all authors, year published, title of article, name of publication, volume number and inclusive pages.
These guidelines are subject to change as determined by the Editorial Advisory Board.
For more information, please contact NAFC at 260-426-7234.
Please Mail CD Submissions to:
PO Box 8827
Fort Wayne, IN 46898
Please read the following carefully:
These guidelines are subject to change as determined by the Editorial Advisory Board. Any articles submitted that are illegible or are not in order and easily understood will not be published. By submitting an article, you grant The Forensic Therapist™, the National Association of Forensic Counselors™ and its affiliates world-wide, royalty free and non-exclusive license to reproduce, distribute and publish any content you submit. However, The Forensic Therapist™, NAFC and its affiliates will not resell, attempt to resell, or otherwise convey these rights to any third party. You acknowledge that The Forensic Therapist™, NAFC and its affiliates are not responsible for, nor does The Forensic Therapist™, NAFC and its affiliates endorse any article or content therein and makes no guarantee regarding the reliability, accuracy, legitimacy or quality of any such content. You agree that you will bear any and all risk of reliance on the accuracy, validity or legitimacy of such content. Under no circumstances will The Forensic Therapist™, NAFC and its affiliates be liable in any way to you for any content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content that you submit.