Renewals and Reinstatements
Certification Renewal and Reinstatement Information
NAFC offers annual and bi-annual NAFC Membership renewal options. All NAFC Memberships require, minimally, for renewal:
- Current Annual NAFC Membership Fee
- Obtaining of Twenty (20) Continuing Education Units Annually
- Active and In Good Standing Maintaining of State Licensure/ stat mandated certification, unless exempt from such.
- Read and be familiar with the most current revision of the Renewal and/or Reinstatement Attestation, as well as the NAFC Terms of Membership, all of which can be found here.
NAFC Members are given a thirty (30) calendar day grace period from their expiration date in which to renew their NAFC Membership with no additional fees. Renewals received after the thirty (30) day grace period are subject to certain conditions.
Please download the current NAFC Fee Schedule for the current fee rates for applications, renewals, late fees, reinstatement requests and fees, etc.
Members are provided with a certificate and wallet card upon each renewal on which their expiration date and certification/membership number is printed. It is the NAFC Member's responsibility to maintain their certification by their expiration date. Certificates and wallet cards remain the property of the National Association of Forensic Counselors.
Routine, Random Auditing
All NAFC Members are subject to routine, random auditing by the NAFC upon any renewal or reinstatement request. This is a routine, standard quality assurance procedure.
If you receive a "Notice of Audit of NAFC Membership" form:
- Don't Panic! Receiving one of these notices does not mean that your NAFC Membership has been sanctioned nor received any formal complaint(s) against it.
- You are required to provide the information requested on the form, i.e., copy of state license, copies of CE certificates of completion, etc.
- Your NAFC Membership will remain active and in good standing, if applicable, until the date listed in the Submission Deadline section of the form.
- Your NAFC Membership status will not be negatively impacted during this auditing period.
- The auditing process will not be noted to anyone who requests verification your NAFC Membership during this auditing period, including employers and clients.
If you have any questions about what you need to provide, please do not hesitate to contact us.